Cucumber & Goat Cheese Salad
This little salad has a BIG impact on me. It makes me weak in the knees. Alright, I’m being a bit dramatic, but I absolutely love celebrating foods in their natural state. Cucumbers are a great Spring vegetable, so crisp and cool, and highly alkaline to help keep you hydrated and balanced. I crave them this time of year. I made up this super easy salad because I was so hungry and was so short on time (and my cupboards were bare!). When I took my first bite, it was more than I hoped it would be… sweet, tangy, spicy, salty, crunchy… you get the picture. When you add the creamy goat cheese… forget about it. Yum. So if you’re in a rush and want a simple, satisfying and healthful meal, you should definitely try this. I bet you’ll swoon.
- 1 large cucumber (English or other)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Raw goat cheese, as much or little as you like
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Peel and slice cucmber.
- Add all ingredients except cheese & stir together well.
- Sprinkle with cheese and stir to incorporate.