Raspberry Sorbet Smoothie
There is no sorbet in this smoothie, but it sure tastes like it! I think this is a great brunch smoothie. There’s no added protein, so I wouldn’t recommend it as a post workout or meal replacement smoothie, but it is deliciously refreshing. The ingredients here are very similar to the pineapple lemonade I posted previously. I’m kind of stuck on adding cucumber and basil leaves to every smoothie. Surprisingly, they all taste different depending on the fruit you add.
I know I just posted Sweet Potato Cookies, but I thought you might relish a cool treat to sip while you’re going about your business this weekend… no matter what you’re doing, you know it’s going to be hot. This cuts the heat just a smidge. Enjoy!
Happy Friday everyone!
- 1/2 avocado** (Trust me, you can’t taste it, but it makes the smoothie creamy and dreamy!)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- a few basil leaves *optional*
- 1 cup water or coconut water (I used Aloe Water because that’s all I had)
- handful of raspberries, fresh or frozen (about 1/4 cup)
- stevia to taste (this cut the tartness)
Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender for best results.
**If you are one who HATES avocados, smoothies are a great way to introduce this healthy fat to your diet. You cannot taste them when they’re blended with other things. It’s also a great way to feed them to a child who is a picky eater. Just a thought…